Bellapais Abbey

The remains of an exquisite Gothic building in the beautiful mountain village of Bellapais are what are left of the building built by Augustinian monks in 1025 AD. Originally known as the 'Abbey of Our Lady of the Mountains', the Franks renamed it 'Lapais'. In time it became known as 'Abbeye de la Paix'. It is now the scene of many wonderful concerts and a vantage point to view countless beautiful sunsets.