When the Ottomans conquered Cyprus in 1571, the land next to the municipality parking area, known today as the 'Baldoken Graveyard', was reserved as the 'Cemetery for soldiers'. It was used for the same purpose until the end of 17th C. A cistern, water canals and many tombs were built there. When the cemeterybegan to accept civilians, the name was changed to the present name. It is known also as 'Graveyard of the Forlorn'. St. Andrew's British Church, The District Club and a tennis court were built beside this graveyard. It was restored by the Vakif Office in 1995.